THE ACTIVITIES OF CAREER COUNSELING AND PLACEMENT CELL DURING THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2012-2013
- 1.Entry into mining services: One day seminar on Entry into mining services was organized for the third year students on 12thApril 2012. As a resource person, Mr.Lalhriatrenga, Sr.Asst.controller of mines was invited to give a lecture on the prospects of joining the Indian Mining services. He also gave a motivational lecture on the secret of success.
- 2.Career counseling for Home science: On the 14th September 2012 a one day career counseling class was held for the Home science students. In the first session Mr. MalsawmkimaRoyte, an architect was invited to give a lecture on job prospects as interior decorators. He also gave a powerpoint presentation on the different techniques of interior designing. The second session was demonstration class on flower arrangement in which MrsZosangliani was invited as a demonstrator. The students greatly benefitted from these two sessions.
- 3.Career counseling on Entry into IIMS Kolkata and how to study in New Zealand: About 40 odd students were taken to the auditorium of Higher&TechnicalEdn. For a lecture and interaction with representatives from IIMS Kolkata. The topic of the talk was on how to get admission into their institute which offers a course and job opportunity in New Zealand.
- 4.Entry into Indian Army: On the 23rd November 2012 Col.SanjeevChawla gave a talk to the students on the importance and benefits of joining the Indian Army. Further, Mrs. Asst.co- ordinator coaching for entry into services and MrsLalrinsangiNghinglova Co-ordinator, Career counseling and Placement Cell have been appointed as Nodal officers to look out for students interested in joining the army and help them in every possible way
- 5.Career counseling at Khawruhlian: In collaboration with N.S.S unit of our college, a career awareness campaign was organized at Gov.Khawruhlian H/S on 7th December 2013 in which our co-ordinators gave lectures on career awarenessas part of community outreacgprogramme
- 6.Interaction with students from Singapore: Miss Lalchhandami, Ph.d scholar from National University of Singapore and Miss Dindini M.F.A and a specialist in graphic Arts interacted with our students on 14.2.2013 on the opportunities of studying abroad and the scope of further studies in graphic Arts and Fine Arts.
- 7.Short Course on Personality development: The course is designed for the outgoing students.(i.e 3rdyear students of all streams and is being organized in collaboration with the cell, Coaching for Entry into services. The course will commence from 15th April.2013 and end on 26.April.2013. The following toics will be covered in the course-basic computer skill, IT for everybody , English usage,Interview skills, Travelling tips and how to study abroad,psychological counseling, career counseling etc resource persons will be provided from the college faculty and experts from outside and include a tripto Ripans for a training on basic first aid skills.