Only Science College in Aizawl
Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College is the only Science College at the heart of Aizawl City.
University Rank Holders 2015
There are 19 rank holders including 4 toppers, 2 students each in 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 9th positions, 3 students in 3rd positions, 1 student each in 5th, 6th, 8th, and 10th positions.
Nationally Recognized Faculties
National Award Winners, JRF/NET Qualified and Speakers of international seminars are working here.
Dr. Rosangliana, Assoc. Prof, Dept. of Physics presented Paper at Internal Conference in Paris
University Rank Holders 2016 from Department of Computer Science
University Rank Holders 2016 from Department of Computer Science
We, at Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College, are committed to our motto “Lighted to Lighten”. It gives me great happiness to announce that Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College is now equipped with its own website. I do hope it provides both the faculty and the students of this College with a platform for exchange of ideas and information . It is also intended to benefit all others who visit it to learn more about our College, in whatever capacity it may be, I also, take the opportunity to thank the University Grants Commission (UGC) for making this achievement possible. Happy browsing !
Prof. B. Zoliana
This is to notify that the following Professors are detailed to attend State Level One-Day Workshop on Best Practices to be held on 9.8.2019 (Friday) (Registration 10:00AM - 10:30AM) at Aijal Club. DA shall be given by the State Level Coordination Committee for best practices, Mizoram, Aizawl.
1. Prof. B. Zoliana, Principal
2. Dr. R. Lalengmawia, RUSA Coordinator
3. Pu Lalrinmawia, Asst. RUSA Coordinator
4. Pi M.S. Dawngliani, Asst. IQAC Coordinator
The Research and Seminar Committee, Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College in collaboration with IQAC, Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College is going to organize 'National Short Course on Research Methodology' during 12th - 17th August, 2019 for all teaching faculty. All faculty members are insisted to comply with the following points.
1. Compulsory for all teaching staff.
2. Registration Fee : 200/- only and registration time : 10:00 - 10:30AM on 12.8.2019
3. Certificate of Training for those having attendance 75% or above.
4. Lunch and study materials will be provided.
This is to nofity each and every student of this college that if any student face any kind of Ragging, he / she should inform the undersigned immediately. Ragging in Educational institution is totally prohibited by the Government of India.
Anti-Ragging & Grievance Cell
Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College, Aizawl
GENERAL INFORMATION ON GZRSC LIBRARY , AIZAWL , MIZORAM
The College Library is located at the entrance of the building. Library service is the back bone of the teaching- learning process. It tries to provide the right information to the right users at the right time. Hence, the library staff give their best effort to fulfill the objective of the library
1. Working Hours : The Library opens on all working day from 9:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
2. Library Committee : As per UGC norms Library committee is formed where the Principal is the Chairman , Librarian as Secretary and 3 members representing Teaching Staff, Administrative Staff and Students. The committee takes responsibilities on acquiring the materials, and other activities relating the development of the library under the chairmanship of the principal.
3. Acquisition Procedure: Whenever fund is available, it is distributed as per requirement by the department and each and every department is informed to submit their requirement to the Principal or Library Committee and if the committee found genuine It is then, processed for purchase of the same.
4. Collection Development: Being a growing organism, library is trying to increase and fulfill the requirement of the target users so as to obtain their right information .The number of Collections as on 3rd Nov2015 are:
5. Organization of Books : Collection of Library resources are arranged in a systematic way. All library books were technically classified using ‘Dewey Decimal Classification’ system (23rd edition). New arrivals of books, Journals and Newspaper are properly displayed
6. Maintenance : Books are kept in an open access so that users may search their required materials easily . Regular dusting and cleaning is done properly.
7. Circulation Service : Circulation Service is the main service offered by the library, charging and discharging is done through the system using standard library Card. Standard library software SOUL 2.0 is used for circulation service. Library Card is issued to students and faculty members and the students are allowed to keep the 3 books for 15 days and 10 books for faculties for one semester.
7. Orientation Programmme : Orientation Programme is organized at the
beginning of the session for the fresher students.
8. Reprographic Service : This is an important service in this library. Due to lack of sufficient number of materials, Reprographic service is provided with a lower rate than that of market rate though we are facing shortage of manpower . It immensely help the students requirement for materials.
9. Suggestion Box : To get the suggestion of the target users , Suggestion box is placed at the entrance of the library so that best services may be provided for the users. Through this services users can share their idea for the development of the students.
10. CCTV(Closed Circuit Television) : CCTV was installed in the library so that every movement of the users can be traced for the safety of the library.
11. Documentation Service : University Exam Questions, Syllabus, College Magazines, selected topics from newspapers, Government gazette and Statistical hand books are kept properly in case they are required for the exam as well as for future research materials. Back volumes of the journals were finely binded and kept it properly.
12. Library Staff : Only One staff ie Library assistant is permanently engaged in this library At present three staff are serving at the library, one ivth grade and one qualified Librarian are attached. Hence, shortage of manpower is a great problem faced by this library.
13. Library Automation. : The college purchased Library Software SOUL2.0 for Rs 30000/- from INFLIBNET , Ahmadabad in May 2011. Technical Assistants were temporarily employed for data entry by that time. Hence, The software was being utilized since Jan 2012 for circulation and for issuing ID Card.
14. UGC Network Resource Centre: The College Library is backed up with UGC Network Resource Centre with broadband internet facility so that users can freely access internet for their academic information need. This centre is placed inside the library premise .
GENERAL PROFILE OF COLLEGE LIBRARY
|Name of Post||Quantity|
Note :At present GHC Librarian is attached since 18.06.2014 till date
College Library started functioning in 1980 with a collection of 3000 volummes. There are 2(two) Staff : Library Assistant and library Attendant.
Expected date of completion: End of this year ie 2016-‘17
We have 20 guests and no members online
Copyright © Reserved ® 2018
Government Zirtiri Residential Science College
Accredited B Grade (CGPA 2.75) by NAAC in 2016
The only Model Science College in Mizoram by RUSA